To celebrate Four Thirds Day, the 20th anniversary*1 of the launch of Four Thirds products, and the 15th anniversary*2 of the launch of Micro Four Thirds products, the Four Thirds Office is collecting photos related to the numbers “43,” “20” and “15.” Photos can be captured on any device of your choice.
Share your thoughts on the Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds Anniversary Year! As a thank you to participants, we will create a mosaic wallpaper using submitted photos that will be available on the Four Thirds official site at a later date. We look forward to seeing your photos!
- *1: OM Digital Solutions Corporation (previously the Imaging Division of OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO., LTD. at the time of release) released the E-1 interchangeable lens digital SLR camera in October 2003
- *2: Panasonic Corporation (Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. at the time of release) released the LUMIX DMC-G1K/G1W/G1 digital camera in October 2008
Thank you very much for your participation.
Photo submission requirements:
Anything to do with the numbers 43, 20 and 15.
Any subject is OK as long as these numbers are relevant to you.
Photos can be captured on any device of your choice.
- - April 3, 2023: Four Thirds Day
- - October 2023: 20 years since the launch of the first Four Thirds product
- - October 2023: 15 years since the launch of the first Micro Four Thirds product
1.Submission via Twitter: Post a tweet with a photo and any of the following hashtags:
2.Submission via email
- Please send an email by clicking the button at the bottom of the page which will be displayed on April 3.
- *Photos must be in JPEG format and around 2 MB.
*Submission is automatic by posting a photo with one of the hashtags.
Terms of Submission:
- Photos must be taken by the participant, and all copyrights must be held by the participant.
- Post-processing such as retouching and editing is acceptable for submission.
- The Four Thirds Office may post the photos submitted to the Four Thirds official site to promote the Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds standards without the payment of any royalties, and submitted photos may be manipulated in whole or in part.
- There is no limit to the period in which submitted photos were captured.
- There is no limit to the number of photos that may be submitted.
- If the photo contains a subject whose rights are owned by another person or if the subject is a person, please make sure to obtain the consent of the rights holder or the individual serving as the subject. If the rights holder or the subject is under age, the consent of their guardian is required.
- If, in the course of submitting a photo, problems occurs such as infringement of a third party's rights, the participant shall resolve the issue on their own and at their own cost, and the Four Thirds Office shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for said problems.
- If the Four Thirds Office determines that any images or comments are inappropriate due to violation of laws, regulations or public policy, such images and comments shall be disqualified and removed.